Human Factors and Ergonomics
Application materials are submitted online, at this url:
Your electronic application for admission includes the following:
- Select two Human Factors and Ergonomics
faculty members with whom you would like to work.
- Personal Statement (Statement 1 in the online application). This should be one or two pages specifying the area of human factors you would like to study.
- Diversity Statement (Statement 2 in the online application). If you wish to be considered for the DOVE fellowship, please exlplain why you would be a good candidate. More on the DOVE can be found here: https://www.academic.umn.edu/provost/prof-ed/dove.html
- Letters of Recommendation written by three individuals who can judge your academic performance and promise as a graduate student
- Application fee
In addition to the aforementioned, the following are required:
- GRE – Graduate Record Examination scores are waived for all Fall 2021 applicants.
- For non-native speakers of English, TOEFL -- Test of English as a Foreign Language scores, are to be sent by ETS to the University of Minnesota Graduate School, code 6874. Scores older than 2 years are not accepted. The preferred score is a total of 96. More information about TOEFL may be found on the Graduate Student Admissions site.
Application Deadline: December 15 for admission for the following fall
Allow sufficient time for processing your application. Review occurs once each year, directly following the December 15 deadline. The program’s review process takes from six to eight weeks. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please note that the Human Factors and Ergonomics Graduate Program deadline precedes Graduate School deadlines. There is no spring admission.
Questions? Contact us at HFEgrad@umn.edu